Trade Malta launched

Trade Malta, a public private partnership between Malta Enterprise and the Malta Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise and Industry, has been launched and will be solely responsible for the promotion of trade and internationalisation of Maltese businesses.

Through Projects Malta, the Government will own 51%, with the remaining 49% belonging to the Chamber. This will enable the new entity to reach a broader spectrum of locally based businesses wishing to make the most of wider possibilities overseas. Through the strengths of both organisations, synergies will be gained that will offer export assistance where required.

The main remit of Trade Malta is to establish a permanent and effective partnership with the aim of assisting local enterprise to reach foreign markets. The core services include trade support services, promoting incoming trade missions, undertaking research on new market opportunities and facilitating the development of sectors to be ready for internationalisation. In fact all the services provided will aim at offering value added, demand driven and in depth assistance to the novice or veteran exporter.

Trade Malta will therefore enhance the way local businesses expand internationally in a manner that will build on the strengths of both the public and private sectors whilst offering a coherent and truly focused service to any local business that needs to internationalise.