GET QUALIFIED is an initiative that supports the personal development of individuals for the achievement of qualifications and certifications required by industry. The incentive is applicable to individuals following a course of studies leading to a certification, diploma, degree or post-graduate degree courses. Upon successful completion the student will benefit from a tax credit enabling them to recover part of the costs incurred.
Students following courses approved by the Malta Enterprise can appply for tax credits on the following costs:
- fees paid by the individual to the university, institution or other entity recognized by the Malta Enterprise for the training and educational services leading to the approved qualification.
- fees for sitting for examinations required to achieve the approved qualification.
- For further information or assistance, please contact Freephone 153.
Student who have not yet commenced their course may also consider seeking support through the Training Pays Scheme scheme adminstered by Jobsplus. Further infromation can be found by following this link https://jobsplus.gov.mt/schemes-jobseekers/training-pays-scheme
Students who have obtained a PhD, Masters Degree or Postgraduate Diploma (minimum 60 credits) (MQF level 8 or 7) may also consider seeking support through the Higher Educational Qualifications Scheme administered by Malta Enterprise.
It is advisable that students determine which is the most beneficial scheme before applying as changes in approval may not be possible.
In order to benefit from tax credits in-line with the scheme guidelines, students need to follow the below procedure for application:
- Students may opt to register themselves by accessing the portal by clicking here.
- Once registered, students will receive a username and password enabling them to access the online system, submit and manage their application. Following registration, students are reminded that they are still required to submit their application, in line with the latest Incentive Guidelines which can be accessed further down.
Apply for new courses to be considered eligible:
Institutes applying for a course that is not already listed may fill in an application form to be considered for eligibility under the scheme. The application form can be accessed via the portal.
Institutes registering students to be considered for eligibility under the scheme should use the registration form available on the portal.